Using the H5P Accordion Tool
The Accordion is a useful tool to present content on a nested format. It allows the user to view content easily without having to scroll and is a useful way of providing a summary of information whilst still allowing the user to drill down to more detailed information on the topic.
The accordion has good WAI ARIA (Web Accessibility Initiative – Accessible Rich Internet Applications) coverage making it easier for blind users with modern screen readers.
For instructions on how to locate and insert H5P Learning Objects, please see Inserting H5P in VU Collaborate.
1. Select Accordion in the Content Type dropdown menu.
The Accordion is an expandable menu that works well when you have a list of learning resource links such as different articles, audio and/or video files.
Note: If you click on the name of the object type, a summary of the tool and an option for a demonstration will appear. If satisfied with your tool selection, click Use. If you do not require this step, click Use from the content type menu.
2. Add a Title for the Accordion.
3. In the Panels section, add the first Title or menu link, and body Text. In the Text field, you can add a text description, links and images. You can edit these at any time.
4. To add another item to the accordion, click the Add panel button.
Note: Changing the title size for the labels does not change the size of the labels, only the text.
1. Once you have your required amount of panels, there are categorisation menus below. These are used to assign learning objects and assist in sharing among peers. Enter your relevant discipline and College in the fields provided.
2. The H5P options that appear at the bottom of the screen determine the accessibility of the tool.
Select Shared to enable other staff to copy this learning object to use in their spaces.
Select Send Grades to VU Collaborate if you have a grade item enabled and would like the marks to be sent straight through to a connected gradebook.
Display buttons will allow users to embed your learning tool elsewhere, download the learning tool, and assign copyright to your tool.
Copyright button enables users to display copyright button as part of the learning tool.
Click Add another Author and type the name of the staff member that you wish to add as an additional or co-editor / author for this H5P interactive. You can add multiple additional authors.
This will allow another staff member to edit, clone, save and use your H5P object.
3. Save and check your work using the Save button at the bottom of the screen.
4. This will take you back to the H5P dashboard where you will see your new Accordion Tool learning object in your list of H5P objects. You can continue working on this object at any time by clicking on the Edit button.
5. If your Accordion Tool is ready to be embedded in the content of your VU Collaborate Space, click Insert. This will show you a preview of your object and is a good opportunity to check that all aspects are correct. Otherwise, you can Clone, Edit or Delete it from this menu.